AI Prime HD owners!!

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So I just purchased an AI Prime HD yesterday and I'm having a little trouble figuring out the "MyAI" app I downloaded. I do not have any livestock in the tank at the moment since it's still cycling but can you guys tell me what you have yours set at? And is there any good tutorial videos to show how everything works on the app?? Thanks in advance!!!

nano24Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get on the computer and figure it out first, if you have one. I fumbled around on my phone for an hour until I was about to pull my hair out. Got on my computer and it was a little easier for me. As for settings, figure it out on your own. We are all just opinionated and won't be able to really point you in any direction. We all think we know more than we actually do. If I tell you something and you listen, it just means that you are making the same mistake as me. Lol

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah I know that haha I was just curious as to what everyone has theirs set at percentage wise... is there a specific program to download on the computer??

nano24Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no program but there is a web address on the instruction sheet that came with the light. I think it's PrimeHD plus the serial number of the light or something. It's been a little while since I did it.

moseley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have much problem with the phone app. Except the size. I have big ham fingers. I have mine on a tank that is still dry and have been trying out all the features. If you use the easy setup it will give you a good idea how the app works.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have much problem with the phone app. Except the size. I have big ham fingers. I have mine on a tank that is still dry and have been trying out all the features. If you use the easy setup it will give you a good idea how the app works.

Okay thanks I'll check that out as well!

Claire88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know what settings you settle on. I'm not 100% happy with what mine are on at present, so I just need to keep on playing lol

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helped a little bc I was actually tryna figure out how to have a moonlight on at night as well so yes thank you!

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a whole thread on reef central that has literally everything you could ask for from navigating the apps to schedules for you to upload to your lights and try out. I run all AI lighting Primes, Prime HD's and Hydra HD's. Many of us our using a schedule of mine dubbed SPS AB+ with great success. I just reposted all of my files a few days ago. Let me know if you have any more questions :)

AI Hydra Settings Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh.../forums/showthread.php?t=2307040&share_type=t

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus.. I started reading thru that thread and then realized it was over 100 pages!! lol I've been messing around with the app for the past 40mins or so. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Just tryna set a normal schedule that includes moonlights for now.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a whole thread on reef central that has literally everything you could ask for from navigating the apps to schedules for you to upload to your lights and try out. I run all AI lighting Primes, Prime HD's and Hydra HD's. Many of us our using a schedule of mine dubbed SPS AB+ with great success. I just reposted all of my files a few days ago. Let me know if you have any more questions :)

AI Hydra Settings Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh.../forums/showthread.php?t=2307040&share_type=t

Once I have enough time to read thru that enormous thread I'm gonna attempt to download your setting and see what that's like. Sounds like a lot of people have good luck with it!

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I have enough time to read thru that enormous thread I'm gonna attempt to download your setting and see what that's like. Sounds like a lot of people have good luck with it!

Haha the last 25 pages or so are where the good stuff happens [emoji23] and there are a good number of us now. File has been downloaded a few hundred times last time I checked with very little negative feedback!

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AI Hydra Settings Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1489&share_tid=2307040&url=http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307040&share_type=t

Is your SPS AB+ suitable for Primes, or just Hydras? (maybe there's not much difference?) Or, for that matter, does it work for Prime HD AND non-HD?

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your SPS AB+ suitable for Primes, or just Hydras? (maybe there's not much difference?) Or, for that matter, does it work for Prime HD AND non-HD?

Absolutely can be used on primes HD/non and hydras 52/26 hd/non. The link below takes you to where you can download my files. The 12" version is what most people use, the 24" profile is made for lights run 24" off the water but in reality is used by most if you are finding you need more PAR. There is also a non-hd prime schedule that has ramped white channel use because my anemone cube demands the additional PAR. The non hd profile also can be uploaded in director to non hd 52/26 lights by changing the file extension to .txt

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely can be used on primes HD/non and hydras 52/26 hd/non. The link below takes you to where you can download my files. The 12" version is what most people use, the 24" profile is made for lights run 24" off the water but in reality is used by most if you are finding you need more PAR. There is also a non-hd prime schedule that has ramped white channel use because my anemone cube demands the additional PAR. The non hd profile also can be uploaded in director to non hd 52/26 lights by changing the file extension to .txt

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g

Thanks! Dumb question...how does one easily shift the times of these preset profiles? I want the schedule to run later in the day just for my viewing pleasure...

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Dumb question...how does one easily shift the times of these preset profiles? I want the schedule to run later in the day just for my viewing pleasure...

In the iOS app use two fingers to move the whole schedule forward and back. And no question is dumb some are just better then others [emoji23]

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back