AI Prime HD owners!!

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That profile makes mine look simple haha. Is there any rhyme or reason to the profile?

So this is what we had in mind when making it. First off reds and greens are useless. Reds are used to trick the par meters when being tested to say they have a higher par than the usually do. However I have them on for a minor % for aesthetics. I personally like a more blue looking light than a warm or cool white. With that being said we programmed the light to be on for 13-14 hours but have a 5 hour or so ramp up and 5 back down. It's been shown brought studies Corals can only benefit from peak lighting for just a couple of hours so there's no need to have peak lighting be any more than 4-5 hours.

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the explanation but I have to completely disagree about red and green channels. 5-700+ nm light is very important for chromatoprotien formation. Yes light in that range potentially inhibits photosynthesis but it's difficult to develop your reds, purples, yellows, oranges, pinks, etc in acropora without a nice helping of light in this range. I have been trialing an update to my profile for the past few months and am happy with the colors I am pulling. If you want more information on chromatoprotien formation Dana Riddle has some fantastic articles on the subject.
e4494ffa051ebbd079b2a52f338bcdd7.jpg

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the explanation but I have to completely disagree about red and green channels. 5-700+ nm light is very important for chromatoprotien formation. Yes light in that range potentially inhibits photosynthesis but it's difficult to develop your reds, purples, yellows, oranges, pinks, etc in acropora without a nice helping of light in this range. I have been trialing an update to my profile for the past few months and am happy with the colors I am pulling. If you want more information on chromatoprotien formation Dana Riddle has some fantastic articles on the subject.
e4494ffa051ebbd079b2a52f338bcdd7.jpg
I have read that they are useful during certain ranges, however, when it is in a certain range that can " inhibits photosynthesis", is it really necessary? Just seems a little weird to me. I know this analogy isnt the best, but I dont think it is all too common for Doctors to cause more harm than good on the off chance that it ends well. I have read similar articles of how the spectrum can be beneficial, but I have read numerous more as well as conversations with fellow reefers who have absolutely beautiful colors such as "reds, purples, yellows, oranges, pinks, etc".

Medic56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely can be used on primes HD/non and hydras 52/26 hd/non. The link below takes you to where you can download my files. The 12" version is what most people use, the 24" profile is made for lights run 24" off the water but in reality is used by most if you are finding you need more PAR. There is also a non-hd prime schedule that has ramped white channel use because my anemone cube demands the additional PAR. The non hd profile also can be uploaded in director to non hd 52/26 lights by changing the file extension to .txt

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g
I just got the prime Hd for my wife’s 28 gallon nano. I tried to look at the thread you have for the schedules but I’m not able to open them. I’m using an iPhone. Thanks for any help!

paronaram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking for AI SPS AB+ schedule (for Hydra 26 HD) and found code on GitHub, and there is no download option. Can I just copy text in to Notepad, and save it to *.aip?

Last edited:

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the AI setting thats used on my nano, and that one of my LFS has adopted and modified for their tanks because the loved it so much. I started to make it with the owner of the shop to have something that was on awhile, for the showroom, but was only at its peak for about 4 hours. We tried to mimic the effect of clouds passing by so that way, when it was peaked, it wasnt a non stop blast of light, but instead increased and decreased often. I am willing to answer more question if necessary.
Attached is the one for the shop, at home I reduced everything by 50%, and acclimated for three weeks. It is a day a night difference compared to what I was running before. Ever since changing my corals are not just growing with better color, but are absolutely thriving. I noticed a difference in just a few days.
Capture.JPG
I just sent you a PM. Hopefully you are still on here since this thread is a little old.

3000kelvin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the AI setting thats used on my nano, and that one of my LFS has adopted and modified for their tanks because the loved it so much. I started to make it with the owner of the shop to have something that was on awhile, for the showroom, but was only at its peak for about 4 hours. We tried to mimic the effect of clouds passing by so that way, when it was peaked, it wasnt a non stop blast of light, but instead increased and decreased often. I am willing to answer more question if necessary.
Attached is the one for the shop, at home I reduced everything by 50%, and acclimated for three weeks. It is a day a night difference compared to what I was running before. Ever since changing my corals are not just growing with better color, but are absolutely thriving. I noticed a difference in just a few days.
Capture.JPG

Anyone ever get a copy of this settings file?

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the waterbox mixed reef setting they offer. Changed it some but love the colors it puts out.

2AC4F0B6-9B25-486D-9520-626B42C7ECCB.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back