AI Prime Lighting for optimal Zoa growth

Gary S

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
243
Reaction score
83
Location
Warren,Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I just bought two zoa frags and have them acclimating in my tank, and they are doing great! My question though is what should my setting be on light to maximize frowth and color?

Im running an AI Prime 16 HD over a 5 inch deep frag tank with the coral .5 inches off the bottom. All parameters are good.

What colors should I run, and at what percents for each?
 
My zoas have done spectacularly under these lights. My tank is a couple inches deeper than yours so you may want to lower the overall intensity. The first image is from June 2 and the last two are from a week ago, so 3 month’s growth.
A1C3BA2E-D6B9-43F6-8013-CF30DB7709EE.jpeg
B766DF5A-38D6-4A05-ABD7-755422EFCC7D.jpeg
77495E19-0884-4474-B7EB-411EEAB022DB.jpeg
64463687-AC09-4110-8B66-C285F155EEDE.jpeg
8AEAC112-21F0-432B-8E15-DAB62D390345.jpeg
68B512D7-F6EF-40AE-A800-C59941F8F1E1.jpeg

Here’s the AI Schedule
0059D466-4674-40C4-BACC-FC6E3998D4D1.png
E6A82FBF-8E31-47E7-8D9E-4A49127CE7CB.png
 
My zoas have done spectacularly under these lights. My tank is a couple inches deeper than yours so you may want to lower the overall intensity. The first image is from June 2 and the last two are from a week ago, so 3 month’s growth.
A1C3BA2E-D6B9-43F6-8013-CF30DB7709EE.jpeg
B766DF5A-38D6-4A05-ABD7-755422EFCC7D.jpeg
77495E19-0884-4474-B7EB-411EEAB022DB.jpeg
64463687-AC09-4110-8B66-C285F155EEDE.jpeg
8AEAC112-21F0-432B-8E15-DAB62D390345.jpeg
68B512D7-F6EF-40AE-A800-C59941F8F1E1.jpeg

Here’s the AI Schedule
0059D466-4674-40C4-BACC-FC6E3998D4D1.png
E6A82FBF-8E31-47E7-8D9E-4A49127CE7CB.png
Im running about the same spectrum. What is your par? I have a few zoas that don't seem happy. Im at 150 to 200 Par.
 
Im running about the same spectrum. What is your par? I have a few zoas that don't seem happy. Im at 150 to 200 Par.
Sorry, I kind of jumped on this thread. This post reminded that I had the same question.
 
Im running about the same spectrum. What is your par? I have a few zoas that don't seem happy. Im at 150 to 200 Par.
Sorry! Ive actually never rented a par meter, Ive also never tested anything in the tank and dont own any testing materials except for a refractometer. I'm not a huge believer in 'numbers' its more me looking at the tank and the corals telling me what they need. Its really cool to be able to do that and to just know what they need. Post a pic of your zoas and a fts so we can get some perspective on flow and stuff, maybe I can help you out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new