Ai prime lighting settings

Artimusclyde1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running the saxby settings in my 170 peninsula it’s 26” deep they are about 10 inches above the water I have the lights on acclimate mode it’s half way through that cycle and all my coral are open and happy and growing quite well I had them on a self made mode that was much less intense but I like this saxby mode my issue is some of my softies are not as deep in color it could be the whites doing this in the middle of the day they are whiter and as night comes that goes down the blues seem more intense. Is there an easy way to lower the % across the board for the entire setting just like acclimation mode but indefinitely? I wonder if his tank is just so much deeper then mine that I don’t need so much light or if every one is growing and happy just leave it? They are not bleaching I would say it’s more like loosing certain colors brightness like some zoa used to have bright yellow skirts now they are just yellow but not bright like it used to be but they are multiplying very well

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I am not a fan of the presets as their variations don't make much sense and they tend to reduce the light below its potential. I usually recommend maxing out the grow channels (1-4) and then just using white as you desire. Red and green are pretty much pointless

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back