AI Prime or Kessil a160we

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmanley7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jmanley7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
57
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up an IM fusion 20 and was wondering what you all would recommend for lighting. I was thinking either the AI Prime or the Kessil a160we. What do you think would be better for a mixed reef and for the best coverage.
 
Ai prime HD is coming out ...... sold out on MD..... Kessil is amazing too but cost a bit more to do ramp up and ramp down...
 
AI Prime HD. BulkReefSupply has some in stock now.
 
I belive you get a little more controllability with the prime right out of the box unlike Kessil where you have to buy the more expensive controller to fine tune it.
 
I belive you get a little more controllability with the prime right out of the box unlike Kessil where you have to buy the more expensive controller to fine tune it.

Yeah the prime has more. But which do you think I'd be better off with coverage and par?
 
Knowing only a little about them, as in I have personally seen both., they both have about a 24" spread so your good there and the prime has a little more par at depth. If it were me I would buy the prime.
 
But would the Kessil be a better option that even the prime hd?
That would be your personal preference. On a 20g tank par wouldn't be an issue. The light isn't penetrating that far to reach the corals so the par will still remain in a "good range"; Same with spread. However, the prime HD gives you more control and a broader kelvin temperature selection. You can create your own lighting schedule without the use of a controller or timer.
 
That would be your personal preference. On a 20g tank par wouldn't be an issue. The light isn't penetrating that far to reach the corals so the par will still remain in a "good range"; Same with spread. However, the prime HD gives you more control and a broader kelvin temperature selection. You can create your own lighting schedule without the use of a controller or timer.


Thank you. I think I'm gonna end up going with the prime
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new