Looking for your thoughts

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
1,030
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a IM Nuvo Fusion 40l that is 36" long. It is mixed reef and currently lit by a Kessil AP700. While i do like the light im not crazy about the coverage on the ends.
The other two lights im currently looking at are:
32" ReefBreeder Photon V2
or
Orphek Natura Icon

I know the Reefbreeder will cover more but i have read great things about the Orphek and the app and coverage will still be better than the AP700. I could always add a LED bar or two to the Orphek.

Thoughts?
 
Try Nicrew Navareef 100w, I have the 65W with the controller (recommend to get the controller), and the light output is great, can even handle SPS from what I have read and is very budget friendly. Reviews are great and my corals have been doing great.
 
Thanks for your input. anyone else have any recommendations?
 
I like the look of the light that Orphek puts out, reminds me of a Phoenix MH bulb. I have never owned either fixture but those are my thoughts.
 
I like the look of the light that Orphek puts out, reminds me of a Phoenix MH bulb. I have never owned either fixture but those are my thoughts.
Thanks. I did decide to pick up an Orphek since it is newer than the reefbreeder
 
I've been using ReefBreeder led fixtures for many years. They were miles ahead of others back then. They had great lights, wide spectrum ability and were priced between the low end (less controllable) fixtures and the high end (extremely controllable) fixtures. Now, I think they still have great light and control, but they are much closer to the other high end fixtures.

I've had 48" fixture over a 180g tank some years ago and sold lots of corals as everything grew like weeds! I now have newer fixtures over a 40g breeder aio and a 20g home made tank that is also an aio. The anemones in the 40g dominate the population and the Bubble tip anemones reproduce like crazy. There are currently 24 as well as 8 Rock Flower anemones. The 20g is 90% sps and lps corals. They are doing OK, but the tank isn't really mature yet. BTW, neither tank has any fish which makes filtration and cleaning MUCH easier and required less often!
 
You'll be happy with the orphek and may not need any OR bars in addition to the natura. Although it's smaller than the Atlantik it should still cover 36" pretty well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new