Ai prime settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vero Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what is a good settings for a mixed reef with my ai primes my lfs didn't like the settings of brs so I'm just wondering what to do with mine

Toxic727

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I am using the same ratio of settings as shown on BRS. The video highlighted for a prime. I have a Hydra 26 so I basically just cut the intensity in half. Things seems to grow well in my tank. Curious, what didn’t your LFS like about the settings, and what did they recommend?

OP
OP
Vero Reefer

Vero Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I'm running atm
Screenshot_2018-05-04-20-12-41.jpg
Screenshot_2018-05-04-20-11-01.jpg

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 9 of these lights over a couple different systems including an sps only and i run all of them (during "peak" hours) at all 100. This is the spectrum Aqua Illumination designed the light to run at and I see no reason to change it. The unit itself only runs at 48w max so you're not going to bleach anything, making sure you slowly turn up the intensity over 2-3 weeks or so. The settings you show have the light running at 9 watts. This is equivalent to 3 diodes out of a black box for example.

Hayduke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great results with the BRS/AB+ settings on my 10 gallon. ~30 watts at peak (I wish it were another 10 watts or so). I'm keeping SPS (acropora/millepora/seriatopora/montipora/stylophora) in the top half of the tank with good coloration and growth. Not sure why your LFS wouldn't like the setting as it basically mimics the actual photosynthetic absorption spectrum of zooxanthellae.

Unless you have a 1 gallon or less pico reef with the light 4 inches off the surface of the water, the 9 watts peak you're running right now is likely giving you less than 100 par in your tank and won't be enough long term.

The Prime will grow coral well at basically any color spectrum setting providing you run it at at 18-42 watts and keep it about 7-9" off the water surface. If you don't like the BRS settings, just scroll through the spectrum options until you find one that gives the best viewing experience for you. Those closer to 12000k will favor growth over color (and possibly promote algae) and those closer to 20000k will very slightly reduce growth in favor of better coloration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vero Reefer

Vero Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I need to set the brs set up I had it set up and he told me to run this
OK so what is the time I should run

Hayduke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my tank full strength with BRS settings for 8 hours with a two hour ramp up in the morning and a two hour ramp down at night, so a total of 12 hours. The last 3 hours I have tweaked a bit to be a little more blue than the normal BRS settings because that's generally when I look at my tank at night, but that's just a personal preference thing and has nothing to do w/ the needs of the coral.

OP
OP
Vero Reefer

Vero Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my tank full strength with BRS settings for 8 hours with a two hour ramp up in the morning and a two hour ramp down at night, so a total of 12 hours. The last 3 hours I have tweaked a bit to be a little more blue than the normal BRS settings because that's generally when I look at my tank at night, but that's just a personal preference thing and has nothing to do w/ the needs of the coral.
Ok I will try that and see if my stuff gets more color could that be the reason my rocks are turning green but dust seem to be algea

Klx110ripper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have any recommendations for a frag tank on this light? 8”s above tank with 8”s of water column? Thanks in advance!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back