Ai Prime to Radion need help wit lighting and issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bobobble
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bobobble

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
21
Location
orange
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting Upgrade & Trachyphyllia Reaction – Looking for Advice

Hi everyone—looking for a bit of guidance. I recently upgraded my lighting from two AI Prime 16HDs to a G6 XR30 Radion because I wanted more power and the ability to keep SPS corals. I’m currently running the AB+ profile at 50%with a 20-day acclimation period.

I’ve done a lot of research, and most of my corals seem to be adjusting well. However, my two rainbow trachys haven’t been opening loo much since the switch. It’s been about 7 days, and they’re still staying pretty tight.

Has anyone run into something similar


—where the trachys stayed closed for a while and eventually adjusted?
Or does anyone have suggestions for protecting these beauties during the transition?

I’ve attached photos of the corals now, as well as how they looked before. What’s strange is that I have **another trachy** in the middle of the tank that seems completely fine in the same lighting change.

I’m also wondering:

*Could this be due to lower PAR compared to what they were used to? was running the ai prime and saxy B at 80%

Or is it that the Radion spectrum quality is stronger, even at lower percentages, and stressing them out?

Rainbow trachy:before vs. current
Red trachy:doing great after the lighting swap, in the exact same spot

Any advice or shared experiences would really help—especially from anyone who had their trachys bounce back after a lighting change.


current



before
 
20251209_173610_0FC184A0-CAF9-40CB-9C87-7E055F33F3EB.png
 
20251209_173700_C8C14EF2-895E-4774-8094-C50493632CCB.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new