AI Prime vs Hydra?

Patrick M Bodega Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am looking to set up my first 80g aquarium that is roughly 48x20. I was wondering for the price difference if Aquailluminations Hydra or Prime lights would be better for a thank that would be housing beginner corals. Thanks!

temple2101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a few primes over multiple Hydras, this will allow you to spread out all the led pucks evenly.
Agreed. I thought about this for quite a while myself and went with 2 primes over a 50 lagoon vs. 1 Hydra. Worked very well on their own, though I did ultimately upgrade to a T5 hybrid. I now use the primes with the T5s and it’s a great combo.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just to give you some info, i have a 100 gallon tank that is 48" wide. I have 2 26hds and 1 prime on the tank.

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of going a similar route. I currently have 2 primes on my 75g with T5s, and I am going to be adding 2 hydras and leaving the 2 primes on the tank as well to get a good overlapping spread on the tank. I hope it works out they way I think it will in my head. I am going to put the 2 hydras inside and the 2 primes on the ends of the tank....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back