AI Primes - deep blue look and time

  • Thread starter Thread starter FOBbit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FOBbit

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
10
Location
Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to have that dark blue look and have the corals fluoresce.
I only want it at this setting at night when Im home to see it.

Questions,

how long can I run this look?

Or can I run my blues and violet that high all the time?

I currently run

UV, Violet, an the two blues are all peak at 70ish, Green and red at like 2, and white at 20

IT lasts about 4 hours

Is that enough light and time at peak?
 
I would shoot more for a 8-12 hour cycle. Corals will need more than a 4 hour light cycle for sure.

Perhaps you can run the settings you have now for 4 hours and then run only blues and violets for another 6 hours for a total of 10 hours. A lot of online coral vendors run a schedule similar to that with success as far as duration. Not sure what type of corals you plan to keep so I can’t speak to your total intensity of each channel.
 
I would shoot more for a 8-12 hour cycle. Corals will need more than a 4 hour light cycle for sure.

Perhaps you can run the settings you have now for 4 hours and then run only blues and violets for another 6 hours for a total of 10 hours. A lot of online coral vendors run a schedule similar to that with success as far as duration. Not sure what type of corals you plan to keep so I can’t speak to your total intensity of each channel.
Thank you. I have several zoas, two mushrooms, and a hammer coral, that aren't really thriving.

Sorry the peak lighting only lasts 4 hours. The entire light cycle is about 8 hours, with a 2 hour ramp up and 2 down.

So Ill increase the total time to 10 hours, with a 4 hour (maybe longer) blues and violets.
 
Last edited:
Thank you. I have several zoas, two mushrooms, and a hammer coral, that aren't really thriving.

So I shoot for a 10 hour peak.
Yeah, you could run your current settings with the red, green, and white included for 4 hours and then add 6 hours of just the blues and violets if you like that look!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new