AI Primes - deep blue look and time

FOBbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to have that dark blue look and have the corals fluoresce.
I only want it at this setting at night when Im home to see it.

Questions,

how long can I run this look?

Or can I run my blues and violet that high all the time?

I currently run

UV, Violet, an the two blues are all peak at 70ish, Green and red at like 2, and white at 20

IT lasts about 4 hours

Is that enough light and time at peak?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would shoot more for a 8-12 hour cycle. Corals will need more than a 4 hour light cycle for sure.

Perhaps you can run the settings you have now for 4 hours and then run only blues and violets for another 6 hours for a total of 10 hours. A lot of online coral vendors run a schedule similar to that with success as far as duration. Not sure what type of corals you plan to keep so I can’t speak to your total intensity of each channel.

OP
OP
F

FOBbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would shoot more for a 8-12 hour cycle. Corals will need more than a 4 hour light cycle for sure.

Perhaps you can run the settings you have now for 4 hours and then run only blues and violets for another 6 hours for a total of 10 hours. A lot of online coral vendors run a schedule similar to that with success as far as duration. Not sure what type of corals you plan to keep so I can’t speak to your total intensity of each channel.
Thank you. I have several zoas, two mushrooms, and a hammer coral, that aren't really thriving.

Sorry the peak lighting only lasts 4 hours. The entire light cycle is about 8 hours, with a 2 hour ramp up and 2 down.

So Ill increase the total time to 10 hours, with a 4 hour (maybe longer) blues and violets.

Last edited:

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have several zoas, two mushrooms, and a hammer coral, that aren't really thriving.

So I shoot for a 10 hour peak.
Yeah, you could run your current settings with the red, green, and white included for 4 hours and then add 6 hours of just the blues and violets if you like that look!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back