AI sol vs Giesemann MH...

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a nuvo 38 for just Zs and Pz and a sunburst nem... My question is what would you guys go with a giesemann system 230 150w MH with 2 24w T5s and a DYI add on blue reef bright LED or a AI sol blue? Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think would work best...thanks!

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think alot of answers will be personal preferences tbh. I have a led fixture & it does show the colours well but growth is not the best hence going back to mh or t5s.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run ai vega blues on my 90 with a wireless controller and I love them the whole tank looks amazing.
The zoas seem to be happy and they grow... I never hard mh on this tank so I can't compare them....

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run ai vega blues on my 90 with a wireless controller and I love them the whole tank looks amazing.
The zoas seem to be happy and they grow... I never hard mh on this tank so I can't compare them....

I think alot of answers will be personal preferences tbh. I have a led fixture & it does show the colours well but growth is not the best hence going back to mh or t5s.

Thanks guys for your input!

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was doing acros I would do halide just because of the color it pulls out of the acros. For any other coral I would do leds just because of all the benefits. I love leds but I am using halide with radium bulb because I have all acro and love the color from.halide. I think either option will grow corals just fine, except with the sol it looks neater over the tank, less heat, longer life, cheaper electric bill, to name a few pros:D

subzero101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a nuvo 38 for just Zs and Pz and a sunburst nem... My question is what would you guys go with a giesemann system 230 150w MH with 2 24w T5s and a DYI add on blue reef bright LED or a AI sol blue? Just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think would work best...thanks!

I know this is like really old but was wondering what kind of set up did you ended up going with ?

Back