AIO equipment question

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am going to start a new JBJ 45 Rimless flat panel towards end of year. I have a 300 watt heater about 6 months old from my 100 gallon. Any issues running the 300 watt heater in the 45 gallon jbj tank?

For all the guys with the 45 gallon tanks, Is 1 mp10 enough flow or do i need another pump on the opposite side of the tank?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7FE85D5A-D677-4742-8D0E-EA3CDEE10C11.jpeg
I have a two MP10’s on my JBJ 45 sitting across from one another the highest I run them is 65% on nutrient mode and 55 at Pulse, Everyone likes them them including Corals. I’ve had the tank over three years now. I did convert it to have a Sump though. I don’t think the 300 is too much myself I have Top 150 in in the back and one in my sump inside the the stand

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Rob.. thanks for the comment. I seen your post in pretty much a lot of the jbj threads lol. thanks looks good man. I can't wait to get mine. I had a 100 gallon but due to work issues long distance travel i had to get rid of it after 6 months. so things changed now at work but limited to a 45 aio now (wife) lol.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Rob.. thanks for the comment. I seen your post in pretty much a lot of the jbj threads lol. thanks looks good man. I can't wait to get mine. I had a 100 gallon but due to work issues long distance travel i had to get rid of it after 6 months. so things changed now at work but limited to a 45 aio now (wife) lol.
I’m retired wish I had a bigger tank, but lived in a upstairs Condo and size constraints and my wife won’t let me ☹️☹️
She loves the tank doesn’t take care of it. But we don’t have room plus she worried about weight and water going downstairs into the condo downstairs if something happens

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m retired wish I had a bigger tank, but lived in a upstairs Condo and size constraints and my wife won’t let me ☹️☹️
She loves the tank doesn’t take care of it. But we don’t have room plus she worried about weight and water going downstairs into the condo downstairs if something happens
yes same with mine now. i cancelled my flood insurance lol so hope nothing happens. this is why i went with a AIO, less chances or something bad happening unless a crack..

I might just get a jebao or a gyre for the other side. I was thinking the icecap 1K gyre. don't want any dead spots in the tank.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 45 Flat Panel. I run dual 150 W Cobalt heaters on an Ink Bird Controller. I do this more for redundancy, but it is essentially 300 W of heating.

I have Vivid Creative Aquatics Random Flow Generators on the dual returns and they create good randomness to that flow. I also run a single IceCap Gyre 1k positioned vertically at the back left of the tank pointing right. It runs up to 60%. The flow overall is good all throughout the tank. With a fairly open rockscape of two islands. I have considered adding a second gyre facing the first on the right for more flow for demanding SPS corals. However, I do not see the need yet.

Hope that helps!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back