AIO media

TwistedFX4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use for your AIO filter media? I’m running filter floss and Marine Pure bio-balls.. I feel like that’s not enough though.. I will be running carbon bags after the cycle is complete.. Any suggestions?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would say there is no set media. Your tank will sort of tell you which media you will need. Since it is new the floss for mechanical and bio to help establish a bed should be good. Once it gets going carbon can be added to help keep water clean and clear, gfo for phosphate and all sorts of other things.

there are some that run carbon all the time, others a few days and then pull it. I think it is a personal choice on that one

saw you other threads, did you want to start a build thread on your new tanks? Just wondering

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would say there is no set media. Your tank will sort of tell you which media you will need. Since it is new the floss for mechanical and bio to help establish a bed should be good. Once it gets going carbon can be added to help keep water clean and clear, gfo for phosphate and all sorts of other things.

there are some that run carbon all the time, others a few days and then pull it. I think it is a personal choice on that one

saw you other threads, did you want to start a build thread on your new tanks? Just wondering
+1 Don't use something unless you have a good reason to be using it.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nuvo 40 that I run filter floss and carbon inside the media basket. I change the filter floss once a week, and carbon once a month. I also have some chemi pure elite and chemi pure blue nano packets, but haven’t had to use the GFO/resins as of yet.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I run in my AIO 20g is filter floss on both my overflows and a stack of rock rubble in the rear chamber. Haven’t seen any problems yet but tanks only 2 months old about. Nutrients stay in line with .03 phos and 2-5ppm nitrate when I decide to do a water change. I don’t plan to run anything else unless absolutely needed.

Sirlurkzalot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use (in this order following the flow)

Filter Floss -> Chemi-pure elite -> Purigen -> Marine pure bio balls

I find that this combination works well in my current fluval evo 13.5 and worked well previously in my biocube 29

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back