Aiptasia in Sump

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Aiptasia growing in my sump. I was curious to see how people deal with it. My goal is to put three peppermint shrimp in it to deal with it. In my main tank I saw a couple pop up that I try to use Aptasia x on. I have. A Aiptasia eating file fish that does nothing and I am going to put Berghai nudibranch in the main tank to help get rid of them. I was curious to see what other people have done and if this seems like a good course of action.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used one peppermint shrimp in sump and had 2 in 125 display. I haven’t seen a aptasia in a long time. Not even sure the shrimp are still there since they only come out at night. Btw wouldn’t the filefish eat your nudibranhes. I couldn’t get them because I have wrasses. But peppermints did the job.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used one peppermint shrimp in sump and had 2 in 125 display. I haven’t seen a aptasia in a long time. Not even sure the shrimp are still there since they only come out at night. Btw wouldn’t the filefish eat your nudibranhes. I couldn’t get them because I have wrasses. But peppermints did the job.
I have had nudi before and my fish didn’t bother them. I think they died off when the Aiptasia moved to sump

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back