Aiptasia maybe?

fishandstangs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
33
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a couple of these in my tank. At first I thought it was just another aiptasia. But I see closer the tentacles are shorter and yellow. Looks a little nicer too but not sure if they’re bad. Any help would be appreciated. I included a couple pictures hope they’re clear enough.

9BA92D44-5083-4F86-BDED-6670DD02D74D.jpeg 015D1EA3-CBFB-40B2-9078-F9B660902827.jpeg
 
All I see is green star polyps or organ pipe coral?
 
I added a circle exactly where it’s at. I will try and get a better picture tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • BE7C912D-CCE7-4FC3-95C2-175E2D376639.jpeg
    BE7C912D-CCE7-4FC3-95C2-175E2D376639.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 112
Try to get a picture with the lights on. It very well could be aiptasia. The stem reminds me of aiptasia but the disk looks like a palythoa polyp's disk. Daytime lighting would really help to ID it better.
 
Try to get a picture with the lights on. It very well could be aiptasia. The stem reminds me of aiptasia but the disk looks like a palythoa polyp's disk. Daytime lighting would really help to ID it better.
A little better lighting here maybe it helps a bit. But yes it does look like the disk of a paly. Looks a bit like an aiptasia mixed with a paly.
 

Attachments

  • 1F9A5286-55C4-49E0-82DD-D450C460E023.jpeg
    1F9A5286-55C4-49E0-82DD-D450C460E023.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 83
  • D93CBE6E-0C23-477D-8912-D68EF90A8BBE.jpeg
    D93CBE6E-0C23-477D-8912-D68EF90A8BBE.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 77
  • D484325E-2595-4FF8-A188-FF599ADD8AAC.jpeg
    D484325E-2595-4FF8-A188-FF599ADD8AAC.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 106
I actually think it may be something else BUT I'm only saying this since jt has short tentacles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new