Aiptasia removal - any thoughts about this method?

  • Thread starter Thread starter servus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

servus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
181
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I had quite a few aiptasia in the tank, purchased nudibranchs, they cleaned up about 80% in two weeks, then nothing in the last two weeks. Since the remaining ones are very well localized, I'm trying a new method, by using plastic bags. Any thoughts/estimates?
 
It is going to create dead zones which could increase your anaerobic bacteria population. Be careful when removing the bag. Certain bacteria can create some pretty toxic gases and poisons in that condition. Kind of like stirring up an old sand bed.
 
Hah! That's a good point. I was going to change the entire aquascape, so before I did that, I thought why not try kill the aiptasia, see what happens.
Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought about it. I'll probably remove the piece before I take the bags off.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new