Aiptasia solutions?

ChaseB143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia is kinda taking over my tank and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve tried a couple filefish, left them in there for several weeks, but they didn’t do anything but eat my corals. I can’t do peppermint shrimp or nudibranchs because I have a melanurus and hortulanus wrasse that will eat them. Am I just stuck with f-aiptasia or kalk paste now? I have a really hard time getting them all this way

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you consider the berghia nudibranch but introduce them at night wend the wrasse is asleep?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added peppermint shrimp and have a large melenarus and leapord wrasse and they lived and eat every aptasia. They only come out at night. I only see them at 2am. Lol

Jrswish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermint shrimp went to town and still are on my aiptasias. mine only come out at night which is annoying

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have a way to beat them but usually not with permission from the masses to do so, they only allow the common approaches.

I have a link where a rip cleaner took apart his tank, cleared out 100 overgrown mushroom frags who attach just like aiptasia, using a special surgical removal option, put it all back shroom free in one pass. aips work the same way, and they dont fragment like the masses claim they're just easy to beat with surgery but most wont do it.

they fragment from gluing, boiling, but not our method ours removes the mass in one pass.

your tank being too large is the likely issue/too much work/but they're beatable all right, in one pass. Ive done it, and had hundreds of my nano reef friends easily beat aip on round one. getting large tankers to do the job takes real sales skill, they usually will not do it they'll keep the anems.

if you want to run one test rock, watch how well they stay gone compared to other methods you'd try as comparison. we have special means :)

aiptasia are easy to beat if you approach it the right way, and when there's 5 vs 55

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have a way to beat them but usually not with permission from the masses to do so, they only allow the common approaches.

I have a link where a rip cleaner took apart his tank, cleared out 100 overgrown mushroom frags who attach just like aiptasia, using a special surgical removal option, put it all back shroom free in one pass. aips work the same way, and they dont fragment like the masses claim they're just easy to beat with surgery but most wont do it.

they fragment from gluing, boiling, but not our method ours removes the mass in one pass.

your tank being too large is the likely issue/too much work/but they're beatable all right, in one pass. Ive done it, and had hundreds of my nano reef friends easily beat aip on round one. getting large tankers to do the job takes real sales skill, they usually will not do it they'll keep the anems.

if you want to run one test rock, watch how well they stay gone compared to other methods you'd try as comparison. we have special means :)

aiptasia are easy to beat if you approach it the right way, and when there's 5 vs 55
Dude seriously? Do you even understand the difference between a aiptasia and a mushroom?

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp for sure. They eat when lights out wrasse are sleeping I never had a problem. Peppermint shrimp cleaned my tank fast and I had alot of aiptasia

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are evaluating claims long after application, the reason you're shocked is you don't do work in other people's tanks to know the difference. I'm not offering a solution that causes more aiptasias, its coming from tanks we cured of them in one pass including mine, with shrooms as a working example.

Your whole reefing world Sixty is your own tank. that's every working example you have, mine comes from other's tanks collected outcomes in my threads and chats/pages worth. by all means, keep the anemones, we had already discussed how peers will not use the working method they'll use the fragmenting, partially working method

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are evaluating claims long after application, the reason you're shocked is you don't do work in other people's tanks to know the difference. I'm not offering a solution that causes more aiptasias, its coming from tanks we cured of them in one pass including mine, with shrooms as a working example.

Your whole reefing world Sixty is your own tank. that's every working example you have, mine comes from other's tanks collected outcomes in my threads and chats/pages worth. by all means, keep the anemones, we had already discussed how peers will not use the working method they'll use the fragmenting, partially working method
If you using mushrooms as a test specimen, are you claiming that removing a mushroom is the same as removing an aiptasia?

am glad you know my reefing world, have you read it yet?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone can click your badge, and read your posts. am aware of the differences, 100%. offer still stands

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here's how we handled the situation in work threads

in my tank, the aiptasia was achored to the side of my live rock on a little jutting nub, I got lucky. instead of injecting it with something, or adding animals which in the case above requires new disease preps to not usher in a separate loss risk, I took out the rock and with a pair of wire cutters I cut the nub off and there hasn't been one aiptasia since, that was about a dec ago. most don't get that lucky Im aware, and we still have ways of getting them out of rock holes. thought I'd start with the obvious easy ones since no other direct examples have been listed so far.

on a test rock, some may be able to be removed pretty easily with low rock damage, it certainly didnt hurt mine to have an eighth of an inch clipped off, it looked the same afterwards just with no anemone in that former spot.

so lets do a test rock, not a big commitment, watch how good one rock stays clear using our surgical means. set it back in the tank cleaned, then try other means elsewhere lets compare pics in two weeks. being able to exert control over one rock is ideal compared to bringing in velvet that's for sure. the tradeoff is it will take work vs secondary/indirect actions but the outcome isn't hard to predict, the willing have used this method to be successful several times. fragmentation in aiptasias happens in the lesser methods, not this one, or I wouldnt be recommending it. my goal is to always build up work proof examples using other's tanks so the actions can be linked again elsewhere as needed.

Back