Aiptasia vs. Glove Polyp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azedenkae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Messages
2,448
Reaction score
2,215
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I got aiptasia growing within my glove polyps, which kinda makes it hard to deal with that individual.

While I figure out what to do with it (berghia is probably the best option at this point...), I am curious. I recall people mentioned glove polyps being super aggro and fighting off their anemone before.

Wondering if anyone had experience with aiptasia vs. glove polyps, and which comes out on top in the end? XD
 
I would pull the frag and cover the aiptasia in super glue
 
I would pull the frag and cover the aiptasia in super glue
Guess that means the glove polyp won't hold until I get berghias then. Yeah will try to do that. My main problem is picking out the aiptasia. These guys shrink to like nothing the moment they are startled, so annoying to find them. >_<
 
Dip the frag in sulfuric acid for 1 hour, then sit it in the sun 6 days as far from the tank as you can. After that, drive it to the local landfill and throw it as far as you can!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new