Aiptasia wanted! Will Trade Frags!

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I've been working on setting up my new Berghia breeding unit, and I'm in desperate need of Aiptasia!

Anyone that would be interested in trading some Aiptasia Anemones for some SPS frags, please PM or email me! I need to thin out my frag tank with some overgrown frags!!

Also, I can trade Aiptasia free rocks for Aiptasia loaded rocks, if frags aren't your thing!

We'll be in the Appleton/Green Bay area December 12/13th, we can do a swap then, otherwise if your up around this area your invited to stop over pretty much anytime...

Jim

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple PM's for ideas of what kind of corals I have, here's a taste of what I have excess of---

Lots and Lots of GSP
gsp01b.jpg

Blueberry Staghorn
blueberrystag001.jpg

Neon green Vermiculata
greenacro01.jpg

ORA German Blue polyp Digi
orabluepolyp01.jpg

Blue Tip Staghorn
bluetipstag001.jpg

And just for fun, this is where your Aiptasia will end up!

berghia01.jpg

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what most people start with... A couple years ago I never woulda thought I'd be looking for them! None the less trying to barter for them!

mark_molly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, I thought maybe this post was a joke at first :p
We have a few aptasia -- but no rocks that are covered since we try to keep up with killing them.
We do have a newly set up tank with nothing in it except a few aptasia that seem to have popped up from nowhere (WHERE DO THEY COME FROM!?! SHEESH!), so if any of those rocks get covered, I'll definitely let you know.

-Molly

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I will have any Aiptasia anymore. However, Would you be willing to sell any frags?

Eric

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to have a 30 gallon tank that has quite a bit of aiptasia. I spoke to someone about it a year ago and was going to do some trading with them, but got busy and didn't get it done - perhaps it was you?! Anyway, if you would like to do a rock/frag exchange I would be happy to do that. Shipping might be costly, but I assume the rock could be shipped via second day air - perhaps even in flat rate boxes via USPS? I should also tell you the rock is loaded with bristle worms and GSP, which may or may not be a factor.
Here's an old picture from last spring - sorry about the quality, but I didn't have clean glass on the tank at the time, and don't have a camera with me currently

NameFileIV191.jpg

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, I thought maybe this post was a joke at first :p
We have a few aptasia -- but no rocks that are covered since we try to keep up with killing them.
We do have a newly set up tank with nothing in it except a few aptasia that seem to have popped up from nowhere (WHERE DO THEY COME FROM!?! SHEESH!), so if any of those rocks get covered, I'll definitely let you know.

-Molly

Sounds good! They do seem to pop out of nowhere, unless of course your TRYING to get them to do that... then they are extremely stubborn!!

Also, Like I said, I'd even take them if you scrape them off the glass....

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uploaded another pic, taken under Phoenix 14k....

Lupine Staghorn

lupinestag001.jpg

Surely has to be more Aiptasia around!

Hopefully if I can get some good amount of Anemones going, I should have some Berghia available within a couple months!!

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a frag of Yellow Fiji Leather, Also some Blue Snowflake Clove polyps...

bluesnowflake01.jpg

sorry no uploaded pic of the Yellow Fiji leather, but HERE is where it came from.

oh and some Taro tree also....

Starting to get into some Softies now... kinda interesting...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back