Aiptasia?

RyanTheSquid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
205
Reaction score
72
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotted this in my sandbed and swiftly moved to scoop.it, and the closely surrounding sand out of the tank, succesfully. But should i still be concerned? I have not added anything to the tank since April. But I've been letting the tank coast aside from the occasional feeding and spurratic water changes. I guess my question is, is this aiptasia? Do I need to investigate further for an infestation if I see no other aiptasia in the tank?
e200fd7c-4fb9-49ff-9f0f-55d99c56e057.jpg
fdb34313-4c3d-4e7d-b8d7-f9be7d048df6.jpg
 
Indeed aiptasia. Keep your eye out. No need to freak. It could be worse....if it was a majano infestation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new