Aiptasia

Iyad Aoun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have problems with Aiptasia in the display tank.I used to see some in the sump,and never in the display tank .Recently I began to see some colonies that are mainly in the right part of the tank.My chelmon is not eating them and anyway I never saw a chelmon eating them.Using aiptasia x is not easy and since the tank is huge I have difficulties to really destroy them.Have you tried the filefish.Any ideas ?thx
Iyad Aoun

DSFa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have problems with Aiptasia in the display tank.I used to see some in the sump,and never in the display tank .Recently I began to see some colonies that are mainly in the right part of the tank.My chelmon is not eating them and anyway I never saw a chelmon eating them.Using aiptasia x is not easy and since the tank is huge I have difficulties to really destroy them.Have you tried the filefish.Any ideas ?thx
Iyad Aoun
You could try peppermint shrimps but aiptasia will spread again unless you deal with the ones in your sump as well.

rickysreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia eating filefish work well but eventually mine started eating my zoas. He’s now in my fish only tank.

OP
OP
I

Iyad Aoun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia eating filefish work well but eventually mine started eating my zoas. He’s now in my fish only tank.
to tell you the truth ,between zoas and aiptasia invading my tank the choice is easy,so I will find myself one filefish

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back