aiptasia

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers so I’ve been fighting aiptasia in my tank for a while now. Is there a way to get rid of it 100 percent because I’m using aiptasia X and then sucking out where they are and they still come back a week later. Any help would be great

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Aiptasia Eating File fish....I literally have Zero left in my 120...File fish eats regular food now an dis doing fine nipping at other microscopic items (I am sure I will be mad at later on)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of the berghia nudibranch would I need? And are they safe for corals?
check with these guys as to how many.
https://saltyunderground.com/category/berghia-nudibranch

yes, coral safe.

for the price though, I'd go copperband. once all your apts are gone the nudi's won't have anything to feed on and I think they then die. I'd rather still have a fish around that would take care of future problems that come in on new frags.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Spkarim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is tank and how many pests do you have?

for the few in my 40g I cover them with epoxy putty on the rocks and that has controlled them for the last year.

Adams reef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm new here but I'm also getting them but one thing I wanted to ask which i haven't see anything on from searching is that yesterday I put some shrimp in to feed my comet fish and I found aiptasia eating one of the shrimp, well I say eating, it was sucking the whole life out of the shrimp and it was a big shrimp, I've never seen that before and didn't know if that was a thing they normally do as I know peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia but didn't know aiptasia eats shrimp just wondered if people knew anything on that

Adams reef123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm new here but I'm also getting them but one thing I wanted to ask which i haven't see anything on from searching is that yesterday I put some shrimp in to feed my comet fish and I found aiptasia eating one of the shrimp, well I say eating, it was sucking the whole life out of the shrimp and it was a big shrimp, I've never seen that before and didn't know if that was a thing they normally do as I know peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia but didn't know aiptasia eats shrimp just wondered if people knew anything on that

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back