Aiptasia

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tons of them from my 10 gallon tank I only have 2 clownfish from there but running the same water and sump to my 20 gallon and another 10 gallon so do you guys think peppermint shrimp could kill all of them in my 10 gallon tank before it reaches my sump? I double check my sump I don’t have this aiptasia yet

just so everyone knows, I covered the overflow elbow with fish net so this macro algae won’t flow down to sump, was planning to make it a macro algae tank with breeding clowns

Last edited:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tons of them from my 10 gallon tank I only have 2 clownfish from there but running the same water and sump to my 20 gallon and another 10 gallon so do you guys think peppermint shrimp could kill all of them in my 10 gallon tank before it reaches my sump? I double check my sump I don’t have this aiptasia yet
Peppermint shrimp might help, but I'm sure it's seeded into the whole system.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with small tanks like that you can mix up some kalk paste, or inject them with lemon juice
Injecting might take a while and they are so tiny I swear so what is the best idea? Or turn off the return pump and dump a lemon juice instead?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp might help, but I'm sure it's seeded into the whole system.
Ugh it was so fast, ******* guy who gave me a chaeto, so should I grab 3 peppermint shrimp? To each tanks or 2 for now one from 10 gallon tank and from sump? or just the berghia nudibranch? Use it to my 10 gallon until it’s finish and grab him to my sump up to 20 gallon tank? And to last one my 10 gallon?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh it was so fast, ******* guy who gave me a chaeto, so should I grab 3 peppermint shrimp? To each tanks or 2 for now one from 10 gallon tank and from sump? or just the berghia nudibranch? Use it to my 10 gallon until it’s finish and grab him to my sump up to 20 gallon tank? And to last one my 10 gallon?
try the 2 in the tank that's got them and maybe move them around after they do the work in your DT

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture a berghia nudibranch on the hunt for aiptasia. Caught him doing it this morning. So far it is working even though it took months to see results. Half the population of aiptasia is missing as of yesterday. Don't know what I will find this morning.

IMG_20230505_062303408.jpg

If you have the ability to take your rocks out you can get a tool to gouge them out and then put something on the hole when you are done. This way you don't spread anything by messing with them in the water. Just a thought.

That is what I should have done early on but didn't and then landed my tech with 100's of them and had to bring in the navy seals to exterminate them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back