aiptasias invasion cured!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian wea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I just bought a batch of peppermints fro @uniquecorals during their black friday sale, and I'm happy to report that they are eradicating what was quickly turning into a hostile takeover of my 180 by aiptasia. It's a wonderful thing to see fewer and fewer of the evil nems each day. :-)
 
Well some of you were right the peppermint shrimp cured aptasia but did a number on some other things like my starfish, and corals. Unfortunately I couldn't deal with their destruction any longer and the fish store was closed today so I couldn't take them back. They've been sacraficed to the porclean God.. Thanks for curing my aptasia but,they demolished some muscles and my sunflower. I don't think I would suggest them for aptasia. I would just buy some aptasia x. Also the unidentified jam turns out to be a lightbulb nem from the Florida coast.
 
I never see my pep shrimp but I am finally seeing a decrease in my aiptasia. Still have a few but all the really small ones are gone! Gues they are working after all
 
does aptasia move by chance, like an anemone moves
Yes when they are unhappy they will move.
For instance if the water gets to 92 degrees they will actually enter the water column.
(Personal experience)
 
interesting, we thought we had aiptasia that hitchiked in on a zoa rock but it moved several inches so we thought maybe anemone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new