Air bubbles and lighting.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deshawn00
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Deshawn00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my nitrogen cycle in my 20 gallon long aio. Are air bubbles normal? You can kinda see them in this picture. Also I was given this light by a coworker. It has different settings of pure white light, blue light, and a mix of both at different intensities. As a beginner who just wants few lps, softies, and fish would this light work?
20260920_215758_B4C70D1C-B2B7-4902-8AE1-B1F165C4C131.png
 
Last edited:
Congrats on getting started!

Air bubbles aren't unusual when first filling a tank. If you want you can run your hand along the glass on the inside to "unstick" them from the glass; otherwise they'll eventually go away on their own.

The light depends. Do you know what brand and model it is?
 
Congrats on getting started!

Air bubbles aren't unusual when first filling a tank. If you want you can run your hand along the glass on the inside to "unstick" them from the glass; otherwise they'll eventually go away on their own.

The light depends. Do you know what brand and model it is?
20260920_230321_B9D33079-F8D7-4C33-8753-7C7A0AA40CA8.png

I believe it’s this.
 
I haven't personally used that light but if the production description is accurate, it looks like it puts out plenty of PAR for your size tank. I imagine it would grow softies and LPS just fine.

One thing I would recommend is getting a decent powerhead (if you haven't already) to add some good random flow if you intend to keep corals later. You don't have to add it yet, but it would really help with your corals. I have a 14 gallon frag tank and really like the Jebao SOW-4 on its random mode.
 
Your light is more than enough. Know this about all lighting including LED. White includes all spectrum including BLUE.

Personally, I don’t like the WINDEX look. It washes out too many other colors for my taste.

Yes to more circulation. Gas exchange is very important and most of that will happen at the surface where water & air interface. The water on the surface should ripple with movement.
 
Just started my nitrogen cycle in my 20 gallon long aio. Are air bubbles normal? You can kinda see them in this picture. Also I was given this light by a coworker. It has different settings of pure white light, blue light, and a mix of both at different intensities. As a beginner who just wants few lps, softies, and fish would this light work?
20260920_215758_B4C70D1C-B2B7-4902-8AE1-B1F165C4C131.png
Yes i believe so. I had the same issues.
 
Your light is more than enough. Know this about all lighting including LED. White includes all spectrum including BLUE.

Personally, I don’t like the WINDEX look. It washes out too many other colors for my taste.

Yes to more circulation. Gas exchange is very important and most of that will happen at the surface where water & air interface. The water on the surface should ripple with movement.
Thank you! Some stores told me I need to get the AI blade but I don’t have $220 to just spend right now lol.
 
I haven't personally used that light but if the production description is accurate, it looks like it puts out plenty of PAR for your size tank. I imagine it would grow softies and LPS just fine.

One thing I would recommend is getting a decent powerhead (if you haven't already) to add some good random flow if you intend to keep corals later. You don't have to add it yet, but it would really help with your corals. I have a 14 gallon frag tank and really like the Jebao SOW-4 on its random mode.
Thank you! Ofc I knew that the light would be strongest at the top of the aqua scape but some corals need medium to low light so I was thinking I can put them in the corners of the tank
 
Thank you! Ofc I knew that the light would be strongest at the top of the aqua scape but some corals need medium to low light so I was thinking I can put them in the corners of the tank
I would not count on placing new coral in the corners without checking PAR , but you do only have a 30 so maybe. Mushrooms for sure. My three
1000002598.jpg
light on my 40
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new