Air freshners and your reef tank

Clanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in let's say an older property in Britain (always damp air ha) I do not use aerosol air fresheners in the rooms with tanks ,lounge and dining room ..however even with windows open it can smell pretty crap ,so my question is would something like febreeze directly on the furniture be OK or am I just being over paranoid about the whole aerosol thing ?? .
Ps no idea which forum this would suit so I'm here in the general posts

WarChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, it should be fine. If possible put something over the top of the tank for like 5 minutes to let any aerosol settle. The main thing is just keep the spray from getting all over as much as possible. But I would use it if needed in your situation.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in let's say an older property in Britain (always damp air ha) I do not use aerosol air fresheners in the rooms with tanks ,lounge and dining room ..however even with windows open it can smell pretty crap ,so my question is would something like febreeze directly on the furniture be OK or am I just being over paranoid about the whole aerosol thing ?? .
Ps no idea which forum this would suit so I'm here in the general posts
Just cover your tank if open topped as above said .

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks guys , the humidity from tbe tanks doesn't help ,so maybe febreeze could be the way forward as its more directional
If you want your uk badge press on your profile picture then if you look to your left hand side there is join user group press on that and scroll down to uk club press on it and it will ask why you want to join just say that your a reef keeper . Then wait a couple of days and it should appear next to your name hope this helps

OP
OP
Clanger

Clanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want your uk badge press on your profile picture then if you look to your left hand side there is join user group press on that and scroll down to uk club press on it and it will ask why you want to join just say that your a reef keeper . Then wait a couple of days and it should appear next to your name hope this helps
Many thanks ,helpful to have like minded people with similar circumstances etc

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help needed post away lots of very knowledgeable members on r2r also willing to help others.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Aim a fan across tank to direct the smell away from tank as a precautionary measure

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also turn off the skimmer for a little while just to be safe. It pulls in air and makes fine bubbles that can pull in the mist of room freshener.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back