Airedale Reef |Eshopps Mariner M100

Airedale Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
216
Reaction score
288
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to the Next Chapter of Airedale Reef!​

After an incredible journey with my Innovative Marine 30 long, it's time to take the leap into something much bigger.

The 30L taught me so much over the past few years and gave me a reef I was incredibly proud of. More importantly, it gave me the confidence to step into a new challenge. I wasn't necessarily chasing a bigger tank just for the sake of size...I wanted the advantages of a full system: a sump, (my first), better filtration, more equipment options, and of course the additional room needed to accommodate more coral growth and a wider variety of fish!

That brings me to the ESHOPPS Mariner M100.

The tank arrived over the Fourth of July weekend, and while there's still plenty to do before it gets wet, the build is officially underway. Over the coming months, I'll be documenting the process...from equipment selection, aquascaping, cycling and stocking!

There will be plenty of decisions, adjustments, and lessons learned along the way....I appreciate everyone who takes the time to follow along, offer advice, and share their own experiences.

For now, here's where she stands.



IMG_5557.jpeg

IMG_5558.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new