Airport transport, zoas/softies, barcelona to iceland

Ssiopao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, good day. We are going to barcalona, spain by the end of nov and i am thinking if it is posible to bring zoanthids/softies from barcelona to iceland, is it legal?

Ps: i dont know any shop yet that sells zoas/softies. Any member here from barcelona that can help me?

Thank you

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, good day. We are going to barcalona, spain by the end of nov and i am thinking if it is posible to bring zoanthids/softies from barcelona to iceland, is it legal?

Ps: i dont know any shop yet that sells zoas/softies. Any member here from barcelona that can help me?

Thank you
You will have to do some research.
But, I have seen threads on this site about air travel and carry on coral. You must prove that you have live animals in the water bag.
Again, so some research, call the airports, do your homework.

Good luck.

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you
Iceland is not a full member of the EU , it is a member of the EEA. I would strongly suggest you contact the relevant ministry website before attempting to import. As a CEFAS member in the UK I am only aware of the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture in Iceland, I am not sure of the equivalent of DEFRA.

All though certain corals are not listed in appendix II of Cites, Importation of live animals is a serious topic, for that reason I suggest you seek official guidance rather than anecdotal advice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ssiopao

Ssiopao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for answering my question. Helps alot.

OP
OP
Ssiopao

Ssiopao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much. I am thinking of wrapping the zoas in a wet paper towel if that is posible.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back