Alage reactor dosing

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I'll be setting up my Reef Octopus Algae reactor soon. I'll be dosing Brightwell chaeto grow but it's suggested I dose some of the other Brightwell products (in photo).

Only reason I'm considering dosing is because I've been told the algae reactor will strip the nutrients out of my tank.
Will update post with parameters later.

Screenshot_20210107-031622_Chrome.jpg
 
I would measure nitrate and phosphate before dosing anything like these products.
 
i agree with the above. Ive been running my cheato reactor for a while now. I still have phos and nitrates. Ill be monitoring more as i have more fish being added, but depending on your light cycle of the reactor you will need to test.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new