!!!!ALAS WHAT'S OLD IS NEW AND BLUE AGAIN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, this thing has been either crashing on me or dormant for the last 6-7 years. I'm completely serious. I just couldn't make this thing happy no matter what. There were brief spells of growth, but they were very short lived.

I've fragged it a couple times in that span. If you got a piece from me that I was calling the "BC Old Blue" or something like that, then you have it. I think it was just an Indo Prostrata that I got my hands on long ago. I stopped paying attention to this thing about just as long ago.

But, wouldn't you know it, this is another one of my miscreant pieces that has finally blossomed again in the new system. What you are seeing, is what sprung out of an otherwise nearly dead skeleton (notice the base). And let me say, it looks pretty good. Healthy as I have ever seen it. I had the camera out yesterday and decided to shoot it.

No real frills here, just a nice deep blue long captive grown Prostrata. I'd love to see some better coloration in those polyps. Still, I think ill go ahead and get this guy up on the site here soon.

IMG_0238-Edit_zpsti1ovqla.jpg

IMG_0238-Edit-2_zpssbjscq40.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Adam !!! That's a long hibernation . But it's amazing . Reminds me of the finicky Infanous Jose Rainbow you had . Guess that was a prostrata too ! Makes me wonder how amazing it would look under 10k reeflux ....

Is it that almost all blue prostratas are painfully slow growing and one of teh most difficult ones to color up ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right on guys really apprieciate the posts! Nice to see some appreciation of simple single colored acro:) Though I still think I can pull some blue out of those polyps!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back