!
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We inherited an established but not well loved 55 gallon saltwater tank with about 8-9 live rocks and a few corals I don't quite know what they are yet, an engineer goby and a lot of little crabs and snails and starfish. Excited to learn what the problems are I'm about to face and what will go good in my tank
Hi and welcome to r2r
Inheriting an already running system is the best gift. .
You essentially bypassed the ugly stage but also missed learning the basics as it matures and finally realizing your hard work has now become stable

pictures are worth a thousand words .
We can help Identify everything and answer questions along the way

Again , welcome to the rewarding but frustrating hobby we all love !
Happy reefing

OP
OP
alexageiger0110

alexageiger0110

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group! :D When you say inherited ... did you have to move the tank ... or is it where you can monitor it or as at least check it regularly? What level of experience would you rate yourselves? Can you list current equipment is use? Any specific questions can be addressed here ... great group of folks with a with all kinds of knowledge and experience!
I love all the questions we did move it (not far maybe 5-6 blocks) and did a lot of scrapping before setting up in my front room! We saved about %30 of the original water and only changed out about 12 gallons... I haven't really left its side since I got it set up been taking pictures periodically lol.... I need to let it sit and establish but I can't help but want to do everything I can to help it in the right direction lol. I did all my tests today and everything seems great! A bit high on the ammonia and nitrate but I know that's to be expected with establishing tanks cus we have set up 7 freshwater tanks in the last three years lol very experienced in freshwater, first saltwater for us though! Also the one piece of equipment I bought so far was this protein skimmer, there were three power heads that came with the tank. I have a very high grade coralife lighting system with all the colors lol still learning that one! And a digital thermometer I'm quite fond of .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-013704.png
    Screenshot_20230322-013704.png
    301 KB · Views: 14

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back