Alex's Innovative Marine SR-60 Build Thread

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found out about these, interesting concept! Was wondering if you could let me know what kind of material the stand is and your opinion on it?

DontMakeNoSense

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found out about these, interesting concept! Was wondering if you could let me know what kind of material the stand is and your opinion on it?

If it's like there other stands it's MDF. I like the tank on these but with they would make everything hidden like the Red Sea tanks. Was going to get one but bought a cube tank and just going to build the dream tank. Nice tank

kellerexpress

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions and looks of these tanks, just not sure if I could justify the cost. I also love the tall stands. The only issue I see will be skimmer selection, because the stock one isn't really an effective option IMO. I bet the cadlights PLS-100 would fit though.

OP
OP
A

alex478

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, sorry there hasn't been an update in a while just got consumed with school and other things. Tank has progressed a lot over the last couple of weeks in terms of the filtration and livestock. I'm currently away on an extended trip so the tank build has been put on hold (have a great reefer taking care of my tank at home). When I return the tank will get a complete overhaul and I will begin adding corals and more fish so stay tuned for that. On the equipment side, I'm thinking of maybe changing the lights on the tank to something that offers more controllability and full spectrum, currently thinking about getting either radion pros or the new hydra 52s but have to read more before I make the final decision. Will update you all in the coming weeks.

Arjsmithy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, sorry there hasn't been an update in a while just got consumed with school and other things. Tank has progressed a lot over the last couple of weeks in terms of the filtration and livestock. I'm currently away on an extended trip so the tank build has been put on hold (have a great reefer taking care of my tank at home). When I return the tank will get a complete overhaul and I will begin adding corals and more fish so stay tuned for that. On the equipment side, I'm thinking of maybe changing the lights on the tank to something that offers more controllability and full spectrum, currently thinking about getting either radion pros or the new hydra 52s but have to read more before I make the final decision. Will update you all in the coming weeks.
I'm considering the hydra 52s as well... Which ones are you leaning towards... I like the amount or light with the 52s

best3175

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you adjust the water level in the tank? It seems to waste about an inch and half of tank height.

OP
OP
A

alex478

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A New Beginning

Hello everyone, it's been a while but I'm finally back to update the thread more regularly. A lot has changed in the tank over the past few weeks including the addition of five new corals and four new fish. Below you will find the most up to date tank shots...
DSCN2807.jpg

DSCN2809.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

OP
OP
A

alex478

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final Pictures for the Day...
DSCN2822.jpg

DSCN2823.jpg

Well, I'll leave you all with a question to ponder. Birthday is coming up and I can either get one of two things and I'd like your opinion on what I should buy... One, I can get an Apex Controller with almost all the expansion modules I would need, or Two, I can get a new set of lights for the tank (either Radions or Hydra 52s).

mfinch99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 3 posts in a row ;-). Awesome shots! My vote is selfish, lol. I would like to see Radeons on your tank since I am fence sitting on the SR-60 or SR-80 :). Either way it is nice to see your update to this thread.

OP
OP
A

alex478

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More Pictures

More Pictures... Sorry for all the micro-bubbles, finally decided to start breaking in Protein Skimmer...
DSCN2829.jpg

DSCN2830.jpg

DSCN2831.jpg

DSCN2832.jpg

DSCN2833.jpg

best3175

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my SR-80 and the leveling foam between the tank and the stand does not extend tot the edge of the aquarium. It is about a 1/2" short on both sides. Is yours like this?

I would think it would put extra pressure on the unsupport portion of the aquarium. Innovative Marine said this is normal. Honestly, I think they messed it up. I'm just curious as to how yours looks?

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, the build quality of the tank looks top notch. After having it for a while now are you satisfied with everything? Anything you would change?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back