OP
H-C6179

H-C6179

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have the starts of cyano. Watch your other nutrients the best you can. If they are out of portion you'll end up with a cyano bloom.
Lovely thanks @Thade_hicks appreciate your input. Ill grab some Copepods as @kevgib67 suggests

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely thanks @Thade_hicks appreciate your input. Ill grab some Copepods as @kevgib67 suggests
Make sure you do the phyto. That's what's going to help combat that nutrient imbalance. The copepods will eat the dino (I think) and keep they phytoplankton from taking over the tank good luck friend!

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump for 30 minutes. Probably same time for skimmer
Agree. Just for future make sure you do it before you add them. As for the return pump, with that tank you can probably leave that on so they can also get into your filter pad. That would be totally up to you. I would agree that 30 min should be plenty.

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's dinoflagellates which by your readings it leaves me to believe it is just remember that copepods will only eat certain strains of dinoflagellates the other's they wont touch . So before you dump a bunch of money into copepods it's best to identify what you acutaly have .

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely unrelated but, if you plug the hole on the AIO wall it improves filtration.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kevgib67 @Thade_hicks I've added pods... should I turn return and protein skimmer off? If so how long for?
Ya typically I turn off everything, including lights so they could get to safe places and not get eaten, for an hour.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up,

Hold up, actually?
Um, yes. It’s meant to be a fail safe in case the 1st chamber clogs. I have the evo as well and have never had issues with clogging. It won’t dramatically help filtration but it won’t allow dirty water to bypass filtration.

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, yes. It’s meant to be a fail safe in case the 1st chamber clogs. I have the evo as well and have never had issues with clogging. It won’t dramatically help filtration but it won’t allow dirty water to bypass filtration.
That makes sense

OP
OP
H-C6179

H-C6179

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's dinoflagellates which by your readings it leaves me to believe it is just remember that copepods will only eat certain strains of dinoflagellates the other's they wont touch . So before you dump a bunch of money into copepods it's best to identify what you acutaly have .
I havent given any readings? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back