Algae Bubble and Hair

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all currently have a 40 gallon and have a decent amount of red cyano, hair algae, and some bubble algae. My biggest problem is the hair algae and red cyano. I do have 2 emerald crabs but is there any thing else I can add or do to maintain these algaes more?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all currently have a 40 gallon and have a decent amount of red cyano, hair algae, and some bubble algae. My biggest problem is the hair algae and red cyano. I do have 2 emerald crabs but is there any thing else I can add or do to maintain these algaes more?
Manual removal is the #1 best thing.
Balancing your nutritients and having an appropriate cuc will help keep things manageable.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Manual removal is the #1 best thing.
Balancing your nutritients and having an appropriate cuc will help keep things manageable.
What is an appropriate CUC for these outbreaks. I have 2 nassarius and 1 peanut snails and my sand is still not getting turned over. And I have 2 turbo snails , 1 peppermint shrimp, 2 emerald
Crabs , and 3 scarlet hermit crabs

AC indochinese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual removal and nutrients should be the best at algae control. More snails could also help with the situation

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back