Algae/Carbon dosing

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some random Algae on my back wall/ small amount of a rock so I've been Carbon dosing vinegar to help knock that down so my question is should I try to remove as much as I can out of the system or just let the carbon dosing knock it out? I've been dosing for a couple weeks now and instead of receding it is growing

20240512_103556.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have some random Algae on my back wall/ small amount of a rock so I've been Carbon dosing vinegar to help knock that down so my question is should I try to remove as much as I can out of the system or just let the carbon dosing knock it out? I've been dosing for a couple weeks now and instead of receding it is growing

20240512_103556.jpg
Have you confirmed that your nutrients are high? That looks like bubble algae or at least some of it does. I would try to remove manually if possible.

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you confirmed that your nutrients are high? That looks like bubble algae or at least some of it does. I would try to remove manually if possible.
I do have a small amount of bubble algae on my rocks but this is kinda like air bubbles and scrapes off in sheets my snails are eating it but slowly

Back