Algae Growth on my Monti?

If you have algae growing in your montipora it means: you montipora is dead!
Or you do not have enough flow!
Algae do not grow on sps tissue!
 
IMG_0067.JPG
See NOT dead!! [emoji2]
 
The fixture you have has the dim feature if I remember correctly. What percentage is the red running at? As you know algae needs nutrients and light, your tank looks other wise very healthy, you may just have to fine tune the fixture. The image is too blue to make out the details/characteristics of the algae type. What type of algae does it look like? You're an experienced hobbyist so I am confident you have N/P in check. Is the algae just growing on dead skeleton or live tissue?
 
The fixture you have has the dim feature if I remember correctly. What percentage is the red running at? As you know algae needs nutrients and light, your tank looks other wise very healthy, you may just have to fine tune the fixture. The image is too blue to make out the details/characteristics of the algae type. What type of algae does it look like? You're an experienced hobbyist so I am confident you have N/P in check. Is the algae just growing on dead skeleton or live tissue?

It is a Radion Gen3. I'm actually running zero red/green. White at only 10% max while blues at 100% max at peak time 12pm till 4pm. Otherwise ramping. Overall brightness 55%
It is growing on a dead area only. Looks to be HA type.
I've removed the algae via a soft tooth brush and increased flow a bit to the affected area. Hopefully the tissue will grow back maybe [emoji4]

Better pic with just the whites on. It's the green area on the left where the algae is growing.
View attachment 458924
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new