Algae growth on red fern macroalgae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beachbilly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Beachbilly

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2023
Messages
224
Reaction score
96
Location
Destrehan
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what looks like brown or green algae on my red fern macro. How is this happening and how to get rid of it?

17016207512642971289374012692708.jpg
 
I have what looks like brown or green algae on my red fern macro. How is this happening and how to get rid of it?

17016207512642971289374012692708.jpg
Algae that is thriving can keep its surface clear of foreign growth. The specimen you have might not be in good shape. Do you have other algae in the system that is doing well?
 
Just started I wanted to eradicate before it gets out of hand, I just put this into my tank about a week or so ago. I introduced it to lower nitrates
 
This might be a better pic. My tank is about 1 month set up
 
This is another piece I think k it has aiptasia mixed in bc the snail doesn't eat it
 
I would try this, just reduce the time on the dip. Two to Three minutes. 75ml Hydrogen Peroxide to 2.5 Liters of the Tanks Saltwater for Six Minutes. Let Hydrogen Peroxide Solution, set for Two Hours, and return the water to Aquarium. If your Hydrogen Peroxide has been setting around for awhile, get new, as it looses it potency. Six Minutes is for Corals, to kill of Algae, Don’t be surprised if Hermit and other Crabs, start crawling all over the Macro.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new