I’m still dosing vibrant every Monday

IMG_8820.jpeg IMG_8822.jpeg IMG_8830.png IMG_8837.png

AstroMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Your phosphate seems ultra high - should be 0.1-0.2 (max) are you using tap to mix salt? If not have you checked your RO water. I would start by looking at that. Do a phosphate test on your salt mix first and if that is zero then move on from there. If your salt water is ok then maybe you have something leaching it back into the water (porous rock/sand perhaps).

In the meantime I would be vacuuming the sand bed and manual removal from rock if you can to try and beat back the growth. It's tough but you will have to stick at it. We had red cyano that was very persistent even though our parameters were 'ok' - we were doing weekly sand vacuuming - then washing the sand that made it out of the tank in tap then rinsing in RO and returning to the tank. Took a few months but eventually a balance was restored.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ravalos2282

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Your phosphate seems ultra high - should be 0.1-0.2 (max) are you using tap to mix salt? If not have you checked your RO water. I would start by looking at that. Do a phosphate test on your salt mix first and if that is zero then move on from there. If your salt water is ok then maybe you have something leaching it back into the water (porous rock/sand perhaps).

In the meantime I would be vacuuming the sand bed and manual removal from rock if you can to try and beat back the growth. It's tough but you will have to stick at it. We had red cyano that was very persistent even though our parameters were 'ok' - we were doing weekly sand vacuuming - then washing the sand that made it out of the tank in tap then rinsing in RO and returning to the tank. Took a few months but eventually a balance was restored.

Good luck!
I’m using RO water from my Mix Station
I will test it.
Thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back