- Joined
- Apr 27, 2017
- Messages
- 245
- Reaction score
- 147
- Location
- Surprise
- What state or country do you live in
- Arizona
I have had this algae for several months and I have been trying to get rid of it.
I have 360 Gallon Total Volume.
My Lights are on for 10 Hours. (Blue and White Light mix) - Should I reduce to 8
I have tried Several Blackouts - the first one killed about 85 percent of it. Subsequent Blackouts have been much less effective.
I am not sure what is going on so I have posted some images.
Perhaps someone can tell me what I need to do to get rid of this stuff. When I finish my Water Tests, I will post updated results the previous ones were:
The Tank is a Year old today (10/9/2026)
Salinity - 1.028 sg
Nitrate - 0 mg/L
Phosphate - 0
Alk - 8.9dkH
Cal - 500mg/L
Mag - 1500mg/L
Temp - 81.4 F
Thank You in advance for any advice.

I have 360 Gallon Total Volume.
My Lights are on for 10 Hours. (Blue and White Light mix) - Should I reduce to 8
I have tried Several Blackouts - the first one killed about 85 percent of it. Subsequent Blackouts have been much less effective.
I am not sure what is going on so I have posted some images.
Perhaps someone can tell me what I need to do to get rid of this stuff. When I finish my Water Tests, I will post updated results the previous ones were:
The Tank is a Year old today (10/9/2026)
Salinity - 1.028 sg
Nitrate - 0 mg/L
Phosphate - 0
Alk - 8.9dkH
Cal - 500mg/L
Mag - 1500mg/L
Temp - 81.4 F
Thank You in advance for any advice.
