Algae Help

EtxReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2016
Messages
89
Reaction score
68
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering what my best course of action is to get these rocks and sand cleaned up.

Background on tank: 75 gallon, 10 months running. Started with dry rock(wish I hadn’t). The ugly phase was rough and I feel like I’m mostly out. Running a skimmer 24/7 and have what is probably too much chaeto now in the sump. Roughly a dozen red legs and 5 turbo snails for cuc.

Nitrates have been undetectable for 3 weeks now no matter how much I feed (Salifert).

Phos was .04 (Hanna).

Should I just beef the cuc or is there something else I’m missing?



IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg
 
Thought I saw some bubbles, but after looking close, I think it’s just hair algae.

If you do see green bubbles, get some emerald crabs. They eat it up.

For hair algae, your turbo snails should help, but may need to add some urchins. Also what fish species do you have? Rabbit fish,

Any corals? You could always try chemiclean, a lot of people report success with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new