Algae ID - any help appreciated

Tomsk7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Philly
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank, started with dry Rock & Dr. Tim's. I dosed pink & purple coralinne that I got fresh from Algae Barn about a week ago.

1) per instructions, I wasn't expecting anything for several weeks.
2) this looks more brown/yellow/slightly red than pink/purple.

So, cynobacteria? Fast starting Coralinne? Something else entirety?
IMG_20220205_103650.jpg
IMG_20220205_103645.jpg
 
First sign of life. Prob diatoms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new