Algae ID Help?! (Microscope Images Included)

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190625_072843.jpg

R2R Fam,

Anyone have any idea of what this is (bacteria/gha)? I'm honestly shocked at how quickly this took ahold of my tank and covered all rocks and glass surfaces. A few pics and a microscope video below!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

IMG_20190625_072843.jpg

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slew Ive been following your invasion challenge the last couple weeks. you are missing a vital data set from both threads: how the directly treated rocks turned out.

the testing of your tank, as is, matters. so far you have scope id pics, and pics of algae in decline from various treatments as pulled out of the system, but we're missing the one bit of data we can use--how actual test rocks fared.

focusing on the genus/species wont help here, but testing rock models sure can/will without hesitation. I had linked another thread prior that showed your algae getting cured literally in 24 hours in another tank, how bout that option

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slew Ive been following your invasion challenge the last couple weeks. you are missing a vital data set from both threads: how the directly treated rocks turned out.

the testing of your tank, as is, matters. so far you have scope id pics, and pics of algae in decline from various treatments as pulled out of the system, but we're missing the one bit of data we can use--how actual test rocks fared.

focusing on the genus/species wont help here, but testing rock models sure can/will without hesitation. I had linked another thread prior that showed your algae getting cured literally in 24 hours in another tank, how bout that option

Can you tell me what your suggestion is in a few sentences? I get lost in your posts and can't seem to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do with the info you provide. Is it a treatment methodology? A means of diagnosis?

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gloeotrichia!?! Things are awfully quiet in the nuisance algae/bacteria forum today. This forum is like the last stop before people throw in the towel. Everyone wants to know what the heck is wrecking their tank and nobody knows what to tell them.

gloeotrichia_echinulata_tal.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back