Algae ID request (sticks up from rocks a few cm long, strings/stems)

NoAhoysLeft

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
159
Location
San Gabriel Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone knows what this macro/algae is? I don't really consider it a nuisance algae but I'm not sure what it is. Each stalk is maybe a cm or two long.


1000011975.jpg
 
It’s fairly similar to chaetomorpha antennina.
 
Just curious if anyone knows what this macro/algae is? I don't really consider it a nuisance algae but I'm not sure what it is. Each stalk is maybe a cm or two long.


1000011975.jpg
How about a picture with white light?

Check out this link on Gulf Of Mexico & Caribbean macro algaes.

https://www.marineplantbook.com/
 
Last edited:
Looks a bit like bryopsis to me.
 
Looks a bit like bryopsis to me.
Yeah I definitely thought it might be, but I wanted to ask to be sure. My astreas and ceriths seem to keep it down. I also manually tug it out. It's just a 15g so removing bryopsis so far isn't too hard, unless it gets out of hand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new