Algae id

Sbristol49

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2020
Messages
99
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what kinda algae this is? And what I gotta do to get rid of it

IMG_4620.jpeg
 
How old is the tank? Looks like diatoms but cant say for sure. Try taking a picture under white light.
 
How old is the tank? Looks like diatoms but cant say for sure. Try taking a picture under white light.
Tanks about 3-4 months old.
 

Attachments

  • tempImage6jU24Y.png
    tempImage6jU24Y.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
ok nice. so I guess a few water changes to get my nitrates down which is currrently 40 will do the trick.
I just got past the diatom stage in my tank last month. I just kept up with my water changes. One thing I did do was email John at Reef Cleaners. He sent me some snails that absolutely destroyed them. Having the snails in their already really helped me out when the green hair algae started a few weeks ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new