Algae ID

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This popped out of nowhere and took over the tank in a couple of weeks, and my Trochus snails don’t seem to touch it like I hoped. It’s a green brown algae that almost looks like dryer lint, it’s difficult to brush off the rocks which is where most of it is. I had this problem in another tank and it came quick was there for a month and disappeared in a day. Still not sure what it is or how to solve it. I only have my lights on full for about 6 hours a day, and I do not over feed because there are no coral or fish in the tank right now.

64D198AF-F004-4844-B725-DC39718409FA.jpeg

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 hair algea. How old is tank? If no live stock then why feed? I would check and post parameters as well. There are a few ways of battling it: fixing the issue, vibrant, hydrogen peroxide dosing, some fish or inverts- so a few ways you could address. But having parameters, age of tank, and what your adding would help us help you.

take care my friend and HAPPY REEFING!

OP
OP
BamboozleBean

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 hair algea. How old is tank? If no live stock then why feed? I would check and post parameters as well. There are a few ways of battling it: fixing the issue, vibrant, hydrogen peroxide dosing, some fish or inverts- so a few ways you could address. But having parameters, age of tank, and what your adding would help us help you.

take care my friend and HAPPY REEFING!
Thanks, by not over feeding I mean I don’t feed at all. The tank is about 9 months old however I had a crash due to somebody not properly taking care of it while I was gone, a few months ago. Vibrant was something I’ve looked at in the past.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, by not over feeding I mean I don’t feed at all. The tank is about 9 months old however I had a crash due to somebody not properly taking care of it while I was gone, a few months ago. Vibrant was something I’ve looked at in the past.

9 months without live stock- to me should not have nutrients issues, but I’m no expert. I’m just starting vibrant. It’s a slow process but people say it works. (We will see lol)

what source water are you using?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back