Algae identification

Jcantrell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
6
Location
Inman
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone identify this algae? It is unlike anything I have encountered thus far.

IMG_20230928_145636.jpg
 
Kinda looks like valonia aegagropila(aka bubble algae not all types are perfect round bubbles )or Caulerpa prolifera. I would just pull out that chunk of sand. treat as needed don't do anything crazy.
 
Kinda looks like valonia aegagropila(aka bubble algae not all types are perfect round bubbles )or Caulerpa prolifera. I would just pull out that chunk of sand. treat as needed don't do anything crazy.
Thank you for your insight. I'm somewhat curious to see what it grows into. It seems to be extremely slow growing as it has been in the that spot for several months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new