Algae issue and ID

rjgargano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, the past two months, I have noticed the screen/brown algae, growing on my rocks and sand bed. It is in big clumps when I remove it. Here are some photos. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Also I don’t know what type it is.
Thank you!
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0954.jpeg IMG_0953.jpeg

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like dirty hair algae to me. I have it consistently in my 13.5 gallon, it likes to grow along the powerhead cord generally. I am fairly certain my tailspot blenny takes care of it on my rocks since they never have it. I just rip the chunks off the cord and use it as bonus nutrient export.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, the past two months, I have noticed the screen/brown algae, growing on my rocks and sand bed. It is in big clumps when I remove it. Here are some photos. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Also I don’t know what type it is.
Thank you!
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0954.jpeg IMG_0953.jpeg
Definitely a hair algae breakout. Manual work or this Blue life RX can get rid of it. Just read instructions before use please.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Definitely a hair algae breakout. Manual work or this Blue life RX can get rid of it. Just read instructions before use please.
Make sure too remove your carbon filter before using the Blue life RX or it will NOT work

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back