Algae on zoa frag

Tricktastic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
Eastern Passage
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this algae is, it doesn't look like GHA but I could be wrong. It's growing in circular shapes that if removed stays intact. It almost seems like a type of seaweed.

Thanks y'all.

PXL_20231020_171516746.jpg PXL_20231020_173012098.jpg PXL_20231020_173029328.jpg
 
Looks like popped bubble algae. If it all looks like that and there are no signs of bubble algae then probably Sea Lettuce.
 
Looks like popped bubble algae. If it all looks like that and there are no signs of bubble algae then probably Sea Lettuce.
Thanks, I've been watching it as it grew out and it never had that bubble shape I see in pictures online so I kind of figured it couldn't be bubble algae. Going to look into the sea lettuce and see what rabbit hole that leads me down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new