Algae problem. Help! Vibrant info needed.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using aquavitro salininity for a few years and a few months ago ran out. Did an 80% nsw change and then a month later a 40% and i don't know if my tank cycled or water was bad but got 2 of my 5 tanks growing hair algae and bryopsis like crazy. My 125g has 0 algae and 2 other frag tanks have hair algae but very little. All my tanks are plumbed together. A friend suggested vibrant but I'm not familiar with it. Has anyone used it and had success with it?
PHOTO_20180215_130715.jpg
PHOTO_20180215_130703.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of a cross between serious organic carbon dose and week killer.
Lowers nutrients and def kills algae.
Some bi kill has been noted in low nutint systems, both coral and in some cases snails shrimp, not sure why this was. Cyano as a side effect.
Takes time to work, I only got a couple doses in and saw little to no change in 30 days.
For bryo for sure and the gha too I’d go with fluconazole. Bryo only lasted a week and gha hung in a bit longer. Most redose or use a higher dose for gha. Some cyano but easy to tackle as it was all dissolved organics and rotting algae.

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used Vibrant. I've used Fluconozole for Bryopsis with excellent results. Safe for corals, fish and inverts

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some bi kill has been noted in low nutint systems, both coral and in some cases snails shrimp, not sure why this was. Cyano as a side effect.
Takes time to work, I only got a couple doses in and saw little to no change in 30 days.
For bryo for sure and the gha too I’d go with fluconazole. Bryo only lasted a week and gha hung in a bit longer. Most redose or use a higher dose for gha. Some cyano but easy to tackle as it was all dissolved organics and rotting algae.
^This^

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you notice a drop in no3 while using it?

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with using fluconozol. After two days into treatment the herbivores went to town on the bryopsis and gha

slayerhellfire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using aquavitro salininity for a few years and a few months ago ran out. Did an 80% nsw change and then a month later a 40% and i don't know if my tank cycled or water was bad but got 2 of my 5 tanks growing hair algae and bryopsis like crazy. My 125g has 0 algae and 2 other frag tanks have hair algae but very little. All my tanks are plumbed together. A friend suggested vibrant but I'm not familiar with it. Has anyone used it and had success with it?
PHOTO_20180215_130715.jpg
PHOTO_20180215_130703.jpg
HOLY COW!

wattson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
use Fluco and dont look back..It will take care of most/all your problems ..
Ive used it without one adverse reaction and actually corals did better with the med too..
Vibrant is too much work and fluco is just one dose and follow the protocal and done..
No brainer if I had to do it again..Fluco is the better choice hands down..

Brien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had limited success removing algae with Vibrant. I tried fluconazole and it was gone in a few weeks. I now dose Vibrant once a week and my GHA has kept at bay.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used it with no adverse side effects, did the job. If I see bubble or algae I dose it in with the wc every other week when needed. I didn't have a cyano outbreak either.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back